The role of fertilizers in food production is usually underestimated even by those selling or using the products. Putting it very simply, fertilizers replace the nutrients that crops remove from the soil. Without the addition of fertilizers crop yields would be significantly reduced.
Farm minerals constitute a group of complete, perfectly balanced products used for feed production by home mixers.
The perfect balance of nutrients – vitamins and trace elements and macro minerals, amino acids, innovative feed additives – is the basis for optimal animal health and productivity.
Farm mixtures are produced for various animal species, and within a given species for various technological groups of animals.
Mavuno fertilizer is a crop specific and soil specific fertilizer, compound blended containing 12 essential plant nutrients
1. Mavuno increases crop yields by over 30%
2. Micro nutrients present in Mavuno improve color, taste, texture and nutrient value of produce.
3. Rectifies soil acidity and Improves soil pH for higher crop production
4. Proven to perform well in extreme weather conditions
5. Gives long lasting results with improvements in plant colour, overall health and growth.
6. Improves soil fertility
7. Ongoing research ensures continual improvement of Mavuno formulations
8. Are available in affordable packaging: 1kg; 10kg; 25kg; and 50kg
Fertilizers are usually declared with the content of the three major nutrients N, P and K (e.g. 10 (N), 26 (K), 10 (P)) but fertilizer declarations do not always reflect the form in which a nutrient is taken up by plants, or the form that is present in the fertilizer. For example, potassium often is declared as K2O and phosphorus as P2O5 though these are neither present in fertilizers nor taken up by plants.
|Nutrient||Chemical Symbol||Taken up mainly as||Usually Declared as|
|Phosphorus||(P)||H2PO4–, HPO42 –||P or P2O5|
|Potassium||(K)||K+||K or K2O|
|Sulphur||(S)||SO42-||S or SO3|
|Calcium||(Ca)||Ca2+||Ca or CaO|
|Magnesium||(Mg)||Mg2+||Mg or MgO|